Brother Embley was watching for us and came out to greet us. We unloaded Jonathan's bike and suitcases, Sister Embley came out with Jonathan's name tags, then we went inside. We dropped Jonathan's luggage off in one area, then were greeted with hugs from President and Sister Chambers.
And then it was time to go. Jonathan was taken into an orientation (with 21 other brand new missionaries), and we went home.
I got home and realized that I don't have Jonathan's official missionary email address, so I've emailed the office asking for it so I can write to my son.
Several times today I've been asked how I am doing. We were separated so quickly that I didn't get to really say good-bye. I'm so glad a got a real hug from Jonathan before we left. I've spent more of today wondering how he is doing rather than thinking about how I am doing. There were moments of sadness, but honestly, I am happy; there's no better choice that Jonathan could be making right now in his life.
So let the adventure begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment