Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A "Real" Letter

I went out and got the mail today and there was a letter from Jonathan!  A real, paper, delivered by the USPS letter!  But it wasn't for me.  It was for Miles.  For Miles.  Jonathan wrote a letter just for his youngest brother, the pesky one, the spoiled one, the monster child.  It made me so happy!  Here's his letter...

Dear Miles,

Thank you for your letter.  I see that you are learning to write and draw.  You will do lots of writing and drawing in kindergarten.  I am now in a city called Kearns.  That is where I am being a missionary.  Kearns has a really big ice skating rink.  It's called the Olympic Oval because big ice races were there.  To be a missionary, you need to finish 12th grade.  You  need to read the scriptures.  You need to be baptized and go to the temple.  You need to be nice to everyone.  When you are a missionary, you tell people about Jesus.  You visit houses and tell people to read their scriptures.  You wake up at 6:30 in the morning and go to bed at 10:30 at night.  You wear a white shirt, tie, and name tag like this one everyday (insert pencil rubbing of Elder Belnap's name tag).  It is not easy to be a missionary, but when you're old enough, you will be ready.  Keep learning in Primary and at school.  They can help you learn.  Did you know Dad was a missionary?  He went to a city called Cleveland.  You went there.  You saw a baseball game in Cleveland.  Dad has some stories from Cleveland, and I will have stories from Kearns.  I will be back in October.  I will stay for 2 weeks.  You will be 6.  Then I will leave for somewhere else.  Then I will come home again.  You will be 7 and go to second grade.  Have fun this summer and in kindergarten.  I will see you in October.

Love,
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment